Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Avis Approach

I have been slacking off on this blog big time. I do know there are other blogs where the writer may go weeks or months without posting but for myself, I feel I can do a lot better. Even if i's just talking about movies, music and books I have as many valid things to say as the next guy and given my wandering eye, I often encounter work that nobody else seems to mention, at least going by the blogs I read. I don't know if I could keep up a year-long movie viewing diary the way my writing hero, Tim Lucas, is currently doing but I am going to start trying harder (Hence the post title.) and commit to writing at least one post a week on something I've heard, read or seen.  I currently have Spartacus, a disc of Italian westerns and samplings of a couple of old TV shows as rental DVDs plus a growing pile of sets of cartoons and old comedy shorts I've bought so I'm sure I'll find something to write about this weekend.  For now though, here's a little shout out to the old Midnight Rambler, Levon Helm...

No comments: