Saturday, September 22, 2007

Catching Up...

Things feel slightly more settled right now. I just got the CD system I was looking for last night, a small one that fits on top of a storgae box. I can finally listen to music again without having to hold my head in a certain position or fiddle with wires to hear out of one speaker. I've got the Mahavihnu Project's Return To The Emerald Beyond playing right now.

That is one of a few CDs I've bought lately. One of the things I look forward to every year is participating in Cadence Magazine's Writers Poll where I get to list my favorite ten CDs of the past year. The only catch is they have to be things that were reviewed in Cadence over that period which I can work with. I always have the things I've written about to deal with plus any other music that fits the criteria that I've bought on my own. About this time I usually buy a couple of extra CDs just to slip them into the mix. This time I've purchased Emerald Beyond, Sylvie Courvoisier's Lonelyville, Brad Dutz's When Manatees Attack, Ann Hampton Callaway's Blues In The Night and Joe Zawinul's Brown Street, though that last was as much propelled by his passing. Buying some of these over the internet took a while but I finally have them all.

No comments: