Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dragnet Extra

I finihsed watching my Dragnet set yesterday and there were a couple of other surprises. Going along with the early actors' work theme. In the first episode I saw a crime lab tech was played by none other than Dennis Weaver, two years before he would break out of the pack by playing Chester on Gunsmoke. Then the last two episodes in the set suddenly jumped from 1953 to 1956-57 and there were some notable changes in the show. Jack Webb's wardrobe suddenly looked better, the episode's writer was listed in the credits and most surprisingly Joe Friday had suddenly gotten promoted to Lieutenant, something I had never heard about before. I don't know how permanent this ever was though because in the show's logo, Friday's badge still sometimes read "Sergeant" and sometimes "Lieutenant".

No comments: